Tuesday, September 26, 2006

cloud spotting

I stopped by Dymocks yesterday to see if they had the new Charles Frazier novel, Thirteen Moons. I read Cold Mountain a few years ago and really liked his writing style, so was excited to find that he has come out with a new book. Anyway, didn't end up finding it at Dymocks (will try Page One later), but what I did find was an interesting book called the Cloudspotter's Guide, which has been put out by the Cloud Appreciation Society. I didn't know there was such a society, so was quite excited by the discovery. Not to suggest that I myself am a talented or avid cloudspotter, but I'm excited to have (with the help of their website) a chance to develop my cloud-spotting potential.
I recommend checking out the cloud lookalikes gallery.

2 comments:

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
michelle said...

It's been about 5 years since I read Cold Mountain, but I remember liking the details (geographical and otherwise) and, what were in my opinion, very vivid descriptions.