Friday, September 15, 2006

trip to lantau with the kite master

Last Tuesday I went with Jon to Lantau, for a day trip to Sunset Peak. Here's the view from the Central ferry pier -- what a clear day!



We went to Wellcome for some supplies and "luxury drinks" (pocari for me and diet coke with lemon for J Lo). Here's Jon with his ridiculously small backpack.


On the trail.

It keeps going...

I think that's HK island and Kowloon that I'm pointing to off in the distance...

A nice view of Castle Peak and Tuen Mun. I did't remember this particular view from other hikes up... was it just never clear enough before? Or am I just unobservant? Probably the latter...

We went over to Cabin 2 and had lunch on the roof.
Me enjoying the view before the clouds rolled in.

The Kite Master hard at work.
As you can see, the kite we selected was either a hawk or a kite (the bird variety). We couldn't decide whether to call it Kitey the Kite Kite or Hawkney.

Look at that thing fly!

Kitey/Hawkney's downfall... literally.


Saying goodbye to Cabit 2.


A nice sign at the bottom of the trail. I thought the little panic-stricken stick figures frantically running away from the landslide were a nice touch.


This was a sign we spotted on the ferry, on our way back to Central. I guess sometimes we all need a little reminding...

4 comments:

Mike & Helen said...

Hope you stopped to eat oranges! :)

michelle said...

but of course! :)

Jon said...

It was so much fun... I always feel recharged when I go up there (ironically). Thank you Captain Lantau!!!!!!

janepaddy said...

wow nice pics michelle :)