Sunday, May 07, 2006

switch from xanga...

It's been almost a year since I started my blog on xanga, and for all those months I cried over the fact that I couldn't post pictures... or at least, not easily. So I've finally dried my eyes and signed myself up for blogspot (or should I say "a blogspot"?). Hopefully being able to post pictures will motivate me to post more frequently (the operative word in this sentence being "hopefully"). Though I wouldn't dare claim a large readership, I have had a few potential readers complain about a lack of updates... so in the hopes of keeping the handful of people who are actually intersted in reading this satisfied, I'm starting over, turning over a new leaf, wiping the slate clean, [place your metaphor here]. But I think I'll see how things go before I announce the existence of this site to the world. Ooo, I have a secret blog!!
While writing that paragraph, something came to my attention... or should I say "flew" to my attention. A flying cockroach! Ughh... I can't stand cockroaches, and the flying variety are especially terrifying. Aaahh!!!! It just flew into my hair!! Actually, it didn't. Right now it's sitting on top of the picture rail in our living room. The first thing I did when I noticed it was to alert my sleeping cat to its presence. THis involved grabbing him, and shaking him in the direction of the cockroach until his keen feline predatory radar zeroed in on the target. MT (or Lil' M as I affectionately call him) is now showing extreme dedication as our official insect hunter, and is sitting on the floor staring straight up at his victim. Well, right now it looks like he might be getting bored... he might even be considering returning to his nap. I think it's about time to bring out the Raid. I don't want that thing getting into my room tonight and flying into... Ok, the thought is too terrible to type.

No comments: