Sunday, June 25, 2006

house-sitting

I moved into the Shepherds' apartment yesterday and began my Summer o' House-Sitting Fun 2006. I'll be here for about five weeks, until the beginning of August. I don't have too many resposibilities -- look after their two cats (both of which were given to them by me), water a few plants, empty dehumidifiers, etc.

After one night here, the cats have started to warm up to me a bit. Before coming I held a secret hope that they would both remember me from their kittenhoods, but that was not the case. The two of them went into hiding as soon as I brought my stuff over yesterday morning, and I didn't see either of them until last night, when I caught a glimpse of Tiger (or TCFKAKF -- The Cat Formerly Known as Kitten Face -- as I like to call him...) running down the hall. Then this morning I was relieved to finally see Chester (a kitten that went nameless until he went to the Shepherds), because I was beginning to wonder if he'd disappeared or expired somewhere...

So, the house and cat-sitting is off to a good start. I'm enjoying having a place all to myself again after 2 years of living at home (which, don't get me wrong Mom and Dad, has been great). And the Shepherd's place is within walking distance of my school, which will be convenient for the next few days at least. Students finish exams on Wednesday, and then next week they start a 2-week "post exam period" (which is basically half-days of field-trips and activities), and I'm really not sure if I'm expected to be at school for that. Guess I should check on that...

No comments: