Monday, April 23, 2007

another farewell

I posted something last week about a farewell party for Anish. Well, that was his pre-farewell farewell party. On Thursday, some of us got together for a second farewell party. This time there was tennis and Thai food on the agenda. Unfortunately I have no photographic evidence of the tennis part of the extravaganza, but wow, was it fun! In spite of my complete lack of tennis skills, I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to hitting the courts again sometime soon (wink wink Sal and Kai please invite me).

So, no pictures of tennis, but here are some shots of us at dinner. Actually, come to think of it, there are probably more pictures of food than of people... but maybe, dear reader, you've come to expect that...

The man of the hour. Note the special dishes of hot sauce and chillies next to his plate.

I had to take a picture of Sal and my drinks... mint lime soda... very tasty, and an excellent source of your daily green food coloring requirement.
Avis "The Fish Man" posing with our fish. (I think that's supposed to be an "F" for fish)
The chillies. After seeing Anish and Avis pop them (and hearing Avis's screams!) I just had to try one. Mine was small, red and seedless... not too bad, but it took a lot of time (and eating) for the heat to finally diminish. I wasn't daring enough to try the green variety (and had had my fill of green for the day...)

Two of our "second course" dishes. Pumpkin and pineapple -- a match made in heaven.

Back at Sal and Kai's place (nice prints! ;)), Anish and Kaiser model their matching Microsoft Windows Vista bowling jackets, front and back view.

I hope you enjoy Manchester, Anish. Take care!

No comments: