Friday, April 20, 2007

"you're very thoughtful"

I sent an e-card to my sister today (happy birthday Amy!), and just received an extremely syrupy confirmation email from Hallmark, telling me that not only had the e-card been viewed, but that I was a wonderful person for being so thoughtful as to send... an e-card. Here's the email:


Hello!

Amy has viewed your Hallmark E-Card. You’re very thoughtful for sending one.

There's something special about that E-Card feeling. We invite you to make someone else's day and
send another one.


Thanks for spending time with us, we hope to see you again soon.

With best wishes,
Your friends at Hallmark



Besides the part where they tell me how thoughtful I am, I also like "there's something special about that E-Card feeling." Umm... don't get me wrong -- I think e-cards are great -- but doesn't it seem like they're overdoing it just a bit?

2 comments:

sal said...

did you send another to get that special e-card feeling again? ;) don't get addicted!

Anonymous said...

It's my sister's birthday, too!

(I just noticed something; the font here in "Leave your comment" box is different than the published comment font.)