Saturday, May 05, 2007

cat-free update


Though this might not fit with the cat/hiking/miscellany angle that my blog has been taking lately, I thought I'd share some news about me. Shocking, I know.

I had a pretty crazy week... between working on projects at HKU and tutoring, I've been out all day pretty much every day. That, together with some late nights spent preparing for a presentation, has left me exhausted (and coming down with a cold, again!). But the good news is that I'm officially done with my PGDE (that's "Post-Graduate Diploma in Education") classes at HKU! I have three more papers to finish (or write... I guess "finish" implies that I've started them...) by the end of the month, but will not have to go in for any more classes! Yay!

So that's exciting. But I realized this last week that finishing this stint as a student means that I should probably be looking for some gainful employment for the coming year. Thus, I followed a lead from one of my professors and applied for a job at quite a prestigious local girls' school. I have an interview on Tuesday. It's a primary position, and would allow me to teach both science and English (EFL). I'm a little nervous about the interview, mainly because I was told that the headmistress (why does that sound so intimidating?!) would like me to prepare a 15-minute "demonstration" of my teaching. I asked for some clarification, but am still a little bit unclear on what is expected. S0 that should be interesting... But I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I'm not even sure that I want to work at this school, so the interview should be as informative for me as it is for them.

I'll try to post something after my interview, even if it's just to share some of the unforgettable moments of my "demo." Hehe. Stay tuned. :)

No comments: