Wednesday, July 04, 2007

happy independence day

Well, I wished everyone a happy SAR Establishment Day, as well as a happy Canada day, so it only seems fitting to wish everyone a happy 4th of July as well. Especially fitting, as I myself am American...

(just couldn't resist this sweet bald-eagle-stars-and-stripes-piece-of-photoshopping-genius (or is it actually painted?!)...)

To be honest, I was proud of myself for not forgetting the holiday all-together, which I'm ashamed to admit has happened to me on more than one Independence Day past. Though I remembered this year -- and quite early in the day as well! -- I didn't do anything particularly patriotic today... in fact, I had about as un-American a day as I've ever had. The highlights of my day (after teaching, of course) were eating Indian food for lunch (at Branto, with April and Athania!) and taking a detour to Ikea ("looking for fabric," but walked out with no fabric and a few non-fabric items... but the key word there is "walked" out. The 3 things I bought were small enough to be easily carried home... but I digress!). In fact, I think the most patriotic thing I did today was use a McDonald's bathroom, and that was only because other facilities were out of order...

No comments: