Monday, July 16, 2007

my new addiction

It had been less than a week since I'd last gone to Sham Shui Po. I was nowhere near the end of my fabric supply... on the contrary... if someone had entered my room this morning, their first thought probably would have been that a giant fabric-eating monster must have entered at some point during the night and projectile vomited its entire stomach-contents all over my living area. I didn't need anymore fabric, but somehow I convinced myself that I would be needing more soon, and that I should save myself future trouble by going to Sham Shui Po today.

I went directly to the trusty fabric shop and immediately started noticing possibilities.

The big blue print will make some bags; the stripy print, the lining for said bags; the other two will probably be incorporated into a quilt at some point...
I bought more of the heavy cotton I've been using for bag-making. And the two checked fabrics are what I plan to use as linings (my only legitimate reason for needing to go to SSP -- I really do need more lining...). I thought the brown and red check print was pretty fun, and fortunately matches the red and brown flower print almost perfectly. The pink checks take me back to my days at Beacon Hill School (I'll have to resist the temptation to sew it into a large, pleated, uniform dress). The small flowery design in the center will be used for a quilt at some point. If you actually got to the end of my fabric descriptions and are actually interested in fabric, sewing, and craft projects -- yay! Me too! But if you didn't make it through (which incidentally means that you're probably not reading this now...), or you did read it, but only because you're a masochist, let me assure you that my blog has not permanently turned into a craft blog. I probably will write about other things again at some point in the not-so-distant future...

2 comments:

sal said...

wow! you're going to have to take me fabric shopping when i get back!! love the blues and greens on the right! keep sewing :)

The Tilted Tulip said...

You went again, you crazy kid? Well, I'll be there tomorrow if you want to join me. My last SSP indulgence before we leave. :(